Thursday, 28 February 2013

Pink, Green and Blue Pastels and Cornflowers and Flips




Pretty Pastel and Cornflowers

Pretty Pastel and CornflowersPretty Pastel and Cornflowers
Pretty Pastel and Cornflowers

Pretty Pastel and Cornflowers

Today turned into pastel day. This 50s floral dress arrived last night so of course I couldn't wait to photograph it for you this morning. I think it was a darker colour once, but I don't mind a bit of fading on vintage. Isn't it beautiful! It has a huge abundance of leaves and little green and blue crinkly flowers and the occasional big, blue Cornflower. I particularly love how the pattern 'disperses' the closer to the hem it gets. The 50s really was super-pretty. This dress I actually bought (note, paid my own money for) from one of my sponsors, Croatia Vintage

As I said in my last post, I am on a bit of a vintage-kick at the moment, wanting to wear my real vintage a lot again. I went for white tights and little navy, velvet, flats for this look, sort of by accident as I forgot to bring my Shelly's with me, but they ended up matching way better than the Shelly's would have done anyway. Then I wore the Forever 21 cardigan I always wear - which everybody seems to love - so it seemed only natural to pair it with matching pastel lips. I love this shade but it is so hard to make it look right (it 's MAC's Saint Germain if you're wondering, but booooo, MAC test on animals so next time I will be purchasing from LimeCrime. (I thought that seeing as an animal had suffered for this lipstick I may as well use it up now that I have it.)

What do you think of these shots? I was trying to think of new ways to shoot the same space (it is just so good for light!) so I shot my reflection! The only flaw really is that the mirror doesn't always make for 100% clarity in the photographs. 

6 comments:

  1. Pretty frock! I do like white or pastel tights when it's too cold for bare legs - opaque black legs always seem to detract from a pretty Spring dress.

    I wouldn't have noticed they were mirror shots. You do look adorably sleepy though! Kudos for morning-blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty Springtime outfit :) I love the lipstick shade btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so cute. It slightly reminds me of a peacock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is perfection!!! You look really beautiful in it. Love the cardi as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress! I looked in the Croatia Vintage Etsy shop as well, they have load of nice things x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better be keeping that dress under lock missy, lest I hop on a plane, break into your pretty little room and steal it while you sleep :P
    Ohh boo, I had no idea MAC tested on animals :( Limecrime looks like they have some nice stuff, I hope they release more things like blush, concealer and ect and then I may just have to switch over!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read them all! I will always try to get back to you, but please feel free to email me at annie.lindsay-smith@live.co.uk if you'd like a proper response!